Time away...

<<

jenni~blue

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:00 am

Time away...

Time away from this virtual home has been filled with bottles, diapers, and adjustments.
Those adjustments continue every day. Some days I cannot believe I am back in this stage
with another child. Soon it will be potty training (he's 16 months now) and his brother is 9.
Our daughter is 30! I admit I doubted years back that she would ever make that number. Her addiction still continues as do the consequences of it yet we strive for some kind of relationship and healthy interraction when possible. Right or wrong we make decisions moment by moment and pray for decent outcomes for this new kind of family we have formed in an attempt to save her children from the more devastating effects of the family illness. Time alone tells if a grandparent has succeeded at filling the gaps, offering security, and seeing a child through the passage to adulthood. I hope I make it some days. I'm not gonna lie.

I hope, if some of you are still here and reading, that you are well.
I send my love.
jenn
" We are on to better things, such as owning our beauty and honoring the courage it has taken us to get here and claiming our natural power to heal and be healed." Marianne Williamson
<<

dtosh

Post Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:06 am

Re: Time away...

I sincerely don't know how you do it and I believe you don't either. I know it's one day at a time and one foot forward at a time but I also know that is so very much harder than it sounds. I see so many grandparents struggling to raise grandchildren, hoping to protect them from the effects of this disease. Unfortunately, I also see some of them failing through no fault of their own because this disease is just plain devastating. I hope with all my heart that you will succeed and, so far, it sure sounds like you are doing that.
After all these years of addiction it is gratifying to know that Amy is still alive. I understand how that probably amazes both you and Amy but that is an incredible achievement that those with no addiction in their lives cannot understand. You WILL make it because...well...because you have to. It's as simple (and as complex) as that.
My best wishes go out to you and Amy and please know that I think of both of you often. I fully understand you are in a terribly difficult situation but I also know you will somehow find moments to feel grateful. Cherish those moments with all your heart.
Love ya,
Dave
Thank you for listening.
Dave
<<

Diane

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:11 pm

Hoping you are well too Jenn. Think of you often.
Love
Diane
<<

jenni~blue

Post Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:47 am

Dave,

Ossie read your words to me as I was laying down for a bit
and he was on the computer. Thank you for all of them and
for being you. We both appreciated your thoughts and send
you love across the miles. Your Jennifer is never out of my
prayers for the angels of our friends here and across the
world in the Nar-Anon family. I always pray that somehow
they are looking over the ones still struggling.

Love you,
jen
" We are on to better things, such as owning our beauty and honoring the courage it has taken us to get here and claiming our natural power to heal and be healed." Marianne Williamson
<<

jenni~blue

Post Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:49 am

Diane,

Miss you and think of you as well. Our Recovering family exists
whether in constant touch or not. We are united in fellowship,
friendship, and deep understanding. I hope that all is well in
your world and that you have been spending plenty of time
in that serene world you were creating for yourself !!! I don't
forget !

Love you,
jen

Return to Sharing Experience, Strength, and Hope